Sizewell C is a massive construction project that will have a major impact on the lives of the residents of Yoxford, Middleton, Theberton and surrounding areas, for the next decade.
To build it, EDF Energy wants the B1122 to carry up to:
- 900 extra HGV movements per day on the busiest days
- Adding Sizewell buses and normal HGV traffic, 1,540 movements per day
- On typical peak days, this will be 1,090 movements
- Add smaller good vehicles and cars, and it will reach 5,000 – 7,600 a day
- or 5 - 7.5 a minute
- From 7.00am to 11.30pm
- For at least 10 - 12 years
At the same time, the road will be designated as the evacuation and emergency services access route for Sizewell.
These plans will affect anyone living in Middleton, Westleton, Yoxford and nearby, not just those using or living on the B1122.
*EDF Stage 2 Consultation Transport Strategy